[CERT-daily] Tageszusammenfassung - Mittwoch 26-11-2014

Daily end-of-shift report team at cert.at
Wed Nov 26 18:08:51 CET 2014

Timeframe:   Dienstag 25-11-2014 18:00 − Mittwoch 26-11-2014 18:00
Handler:     Alexander Riepl
Co-Handler:  n/a

*** Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player (APSB14-26) ***
A Security Bulletin (APSB14-26) has been published regarding security updates for Adobe Flash Player. These updates address a critical vulnerability, and Adobe recommends users update their product installations to the latest versions using the instructions referenced in the security bulletin.
http://blogs.adobe.com/psirt/?p=1144

*** Brain Science and Browser Warnings ***
Computer users will click through browser warnings and security alerts in order to complete a task, but once theyre hacked, their behaviors change, a recent BYU study learned.
http://threatpost.com/brain-science-and-browser-warnings/109615

*** Multiple vulnerabilities in ARRIS VAP2500 ***
http://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-14-389/
http://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-14-388/
http://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-14-387/

*** DSA-3076 wireshark ***
Multiple vulnerabilities were discovered in the dissectors/parsers for SigComp UDVM, AMQP, NCP and TN5250, which could result in denial of service.
http://www.debian.org/security/2014/dsa-3076

*** ModSecurity Advanced Topic of the Week: Detecting Malware with Fuzzy Hashing ***
In the most recent release of ModSecurity v2.9.0-RC1, we introduced a new operator called @fuzzyHash which uses functionality from the ssdeep tool. This blog post will demonstrate a powerful use-case with ModSecurity which is identifying ..
http://blog.spiderlabs.com/2014/11/modsecurity-advanced-topic-of-the-week-detecting-malware-with-fuzzy-hashing.html

*** Google Doc Embedder plugin for WordPress google-document-embedder\view.php SQL injection ***
http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/98944

*** VB2014 paper: Labelling spam through the analysis of protocol patterns ***
What do your IP packet sizes say about whether youre a spammer?Over the next few months, we will be sharing VB2014 conference papers as well as video recordings of the presentations. Today, we have added Labelling spam through the analysis ..
http://www.virusbtn.com/blog/2014/11_26.xml

*** Typos Can have a Bigger Impact Than Expected ***
Have you ever thought about the cost of a typo? You know what I mean, a simple misspelling of a word somewhere on your website. Do you think there's a risk in that? You may have seen the Grammar Police all over your comments ..
http://blog.sucuri.net/2014/11/typos-can-have-a-bigger-impact-than-expected.html

*** Black Friday and Cyber Monday - 4 Scams To Watch Out For While Shopping ***
Holiday Shopping season is really an excited time for both shoppers and retailers, but unfortunately its a good time for cyber criminals and scammers as well. With Black Friday ..
http://thehackernews.com/2014/11/black-friday-and-cyber-monday-4-scams_26.html

*** Mängel beim Selbstschutz von Antiviren-Software ***
Nur 2 von 32 getesteten Antivirus-Produkten setzen eigentlich selbstverständliche Schutztechniken wie DLP und ASLR auch wirklich konsequent ein, stellte das deutsche Testlabor AV-Test fest.
http://www.heise.de/security/meldung/Maengel-beim-Selbstschutz-von-Antiviren-Software-2465869.html

*** CryptoPHP a week later: more than 23.000 sites affected ***
On November 20th we published our report on CryptoPHP. Since publishing we have, together with other parties, been busy dealing with the affected servers and taking down the CryptoPHP infrastructure. Sinkhole ..
http://blog.fox-it.com/2014/11/26/cryptophp-a-week-later-more-than-23-000-sites-affected/

*** MatrikonOPC for DNP Unhandled C++ Exception ***
https://ics-cert.us-cert.gov//advisories/ICSA-14-329-01

*** Siemens SIMANTIC WinCC, PCS7, and TIA Portal Vulnerabilities ***
https://ics-cert.us-cert.gov//advisories/ICSA-14-329-02

*** Hintergrund: Schwachstellen-Scanner für Web-Applikationen ***
Ein guter Überblick präsentiert 16 Open-Source-Scanner für Web-Applikationen, die Lücken von XSS bis hin zu SQL-Injection aufspüren.