[IntelMQ-dev] Contributing and license

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Oct 21 12:17:23 CEST 2021

Hi Mika

Am Mittwoch 20 Oktober 2021 13:13:01 schrieb Mika Silander:
>  Btw, for contributions, what is the easiest way? A public repo on github
> and then pull requests?

for contributing to IntelMQ itself, yes, using github, issues and
pull-requests probably works best.

(For independent code parts maybe more Free Software friendly hosting could
also be considered, like gitlab or heptapod. E.g we've used
https://gitlab.com/intevation/tuency/tuency )

> Are there licensing issues/incompatibilities? E.g.
> my employer wants all our published code to be released under MIT (Expat).

Anything that is compatible with "AGPL-3.0-or-later" is fine.
SPDX-License-Identifier: MIT
is fine in this regard.

My additional recommendation is to use
  https://reuse.software/spec/ 3.0 (the current one)
to indicate the license and who is the rights holder.

Best Regards,
Bernhard