[IntelMQ-dev] Default crontab values for local lookup-databases update

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Fri Feb 26 22:03:12 CET 2021

Dear Filip,

On 2/18/21 10:52 AM, Filip Pokorný wrote:
> thanks for bringing this up. I just wanted to add that the default
> values were chosen based on how often the datasource is updated. For the
> GeoLite datasouce it is once a week (on Tuesday). The ASN datasource is
> updated and published every two hours and it is a rather large database.
> For Tor nodes datasource I couldn't find how often it is updated,
> therefore updating the database once per day seemed reasonable.

Thanks, I added the reasons to the comments in the crontab file:
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/commit/da257c9f61e7dac1106ff72b7eda4e4371108106

I was thinking about the additional load on the server-side as well. But
that only affects routeviews.org (University of Oregon) and I assume
they can handle it.

Btw, I added a database update functionality for the domain suffix
expert today:
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/commit/1b987c0573d7eb29a3a18d3fba40c45295af58a6

best regards
Sebastian