[IntelMQ-dev] Default crontab values for local lookup-databases update

Filip Pokorný filip.pokorny at nic.cz
Thu Feb 18 10:52:33 CET 2021

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for bringing this up. I just wanted to add that the default
values were chosen based on how often the datasource is updated. For the
GeoLite datasouce it is once a week (on Tuesday). The ASN datasource is
updated and published every two hours and it is a rather large database.
For Tor nodes datasource I couldn't find how often it is updated,
therefore updating the database once per day seemed reasonable.

Unsurprisingly I feel these default values are ok to ship with 2.3.0 as
they always provide the user with the latest data. Also the user doesn't
need to lookup how often the database needs to be updated to have the
latest data. However if the user wants to update the databases with
lower frequency they are free to do so.

Best regards,
Filip