[IntelMQ-dev] config format (Is: IEP01: IntelMQ Configuration Handling)

Filip Pokorny filip.pokorny at csirt.cz
Tue Dec 15 19:43:25 CET 2020

Hi Bernard,

thanks for your clarification.

I believe I understand the problem you present, but I still think the
benefits outweigh it. After all this is still an overall improvement, it
makes text editing easier and allows for comments (when text editing).
It doesn't improve GUI approach via Manager, but it doesn't break it or
remove functionality either. This whole proposed change is aimed at
making the manual text editing easier. And as long as changing the
configuration (containing comments) using IntelMQ Manager preserve the
comments (which should be possible) I do not see any downsides to this.
Out-of-band comments would remain intact for those important use-cases.
I do agree that Manager would be second class because it couldn't see
the comments, but frankly this is never going to be fair fight (cli vs
gui), both have their pros and cons. And the only "con" this change
introduces for Manager is that text editing gets more new "pros". Which
doesn't seem like a deal breaker to me.

Best Regards,
Filip