[IntelMQ-dev] config format (Is: IEP01: IntelMQ Configuration Handling)

L. Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Tue Dec 15 18:02:21 CET 2020

> On 15.12.2020, at 17:52, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
>
> Signed PGP part
> Hi Filip,
>
> thanks for sharing your viewpoint!
>
> Am Dienstag 15 Dezember 2020 17:12:41 schrieb Filip Pokorny:
>> I believe people using IntelMQ Manager for wiring the graph don't really
>> need to care what kind of configuration format is used.
>
> To clarify:
> The problem I see with some configuration formats are the out-of-band comments
> that would not be visible in IntelMQ Manager, so the Manager would be a second
> class. And if there is meaning in the comments, they cannot be semantically
> diffed.

Ah! Yeah, that makes sense.
I guess the whole discussion is a actually a discussion of usability
from two different view points: command line config file editing versus
intelmq-manager.

If some form of YAML were used, would the manager be able to pull in the (there it is
structured / syntactically well defined) comments from there and display them?