[IntelMQ-dev] config format (Is: IEP01: IntelMQ Configuration Handling)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 15 17:52:49 CET 2020

Hi Filip,

thanks for sharing your viewpoint!

Am Dienstag 15 Dezember 2020 17:12:41 schrieb Filip Pokorny:
> I believe people using IntelMQ Manager for wiring the graph don't really
> need to care what kind of configuration format is used.

To clarify:
The problem I see with some configuration formats are the out-of-band comments
that would not be visible in IntelMQ Manager, so the Manager would be a second
class. And if there is meaning in the comments, they cannot be semantically
diffed.

The out-of-band comments can be part of important use cases (like saving
different configurations in Mercurial SCM or so). In order to suggest
something I'd personally would need to explore and understand these use cases
in more detail.

Best Regards,
Bernhard