[Intelmq-dev] Getting up and running CentOS

Matthew Duncan matthew.duncan at mahdtech.com
Tue May 10 11:58:54 CEST 2016

Thanks Sebastian,

Running from master, I had to make a few modifications as CentOS is using different locations and usernames, but If I run the following:

           sudo -u intelmq /usr/bin/intelmqctl -t json

I receive the following response

           null

If I run the same command without the type specified, I receive the usage syntax help message

usage:
        intelmqctl --bot [start|stop|restart|status] --id=cymru-expert
        intelmqctl --botnet [start|stop|restart|status]
        intelmqctl --list [bots|queues]

Other Notes:

·       CentOS uses “apache” in-place of www-data so I made the relevant modifications based on the install instructions.

·       I also has to ensure the $CONTROLLER variable as defined in the config.php matched the correct location (/usr/bin/intelmqctl instead of in local)