[Intelmq-dev] Packaging Strategy for Bots with dependencies

Otmar Lendl lendl at cert.at
Wed Apr 20 11:52:30 CEST 2016

Folks,

I'm not fully up to date about the intelmq configuration scheme, so I
might be way off with this message.

On 20.04.2016 11:03, Dustin Demuth wrote:
> Am Dienstag 19 April 2016 10:43:58 schrieb Sebastian Wagner:
>>
>> That's what Tomas addressed. Without a default or runtime config, every
>> botconfig would have more than 25 fields more than now. Managing them
>> manually would be horrible.
>>

> I agree, we need to give this a thougt.
> Can you briefly sketch the current setup in case I got it wrong, please?
>
> From my understanding it is this way:
>
> All Bots (should) inherit from lib/bots.py which:
>
> 1) Load DEFAULT Configuration via intelmq/__init__.py
>    from etc/defaults.conf
> 2) Load RUNTIME Configuration via intelmq/__init__.py
>    from etc/runtime.conf

Aren't we running into the same issue as with the BOTS file? If
installing a new bot requires manual configuration in a shared
config-file then adding/removing bots cannot be easily done.

Here, too, I see a point in using a etc/defaults|runtime.d/* directory
with small config files.

otmar
--
// Otmar Lendl <lendl at cert.at> - T: +43 1 5056416 711