[Intelmq-dev] Packaging Strategy for Bots with dependencies

L. Aaron Kaplan kaplan at cert.at
Wed Apr 20 11:55:59 CEST 2016

On 2016/04/20 11:04, Otmar Lendl <lendl at cert.at> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm not fully up to date about the intelmq configuration scheme, so I
> might be way off with this message.

A tad bit ;-)
Let me explain below.

> On 20.04.2016 11:03, Dustin Demuth wrote:
> > Am Dienstag 19 April 2016 10:43:58 schrieb Sebastian Wagner:
> >>
> >> That's what Tomas addressed. Without a default or runtime config, every
> >> botconfig would have more than 25 fields more than now. Managing them
> >> manually would be horrible.
> >>

> > I agree, we need to give this a thougt.
> > Can you briefly sketch the current setup in case I got it wrong, please?
> >
> > From my understanding it is this way:
> >
> > All Bots (should) inherit from lib/bots.py which:
> >
> > 1) Load DEFAULT Configuration via intelmq/__init__.py
> >    from etc/defaults.conf
> > 2) Load RUNTIME Configuration via intelmq/__init__.py
> >    from etc/runtime.conf
>
> Aren't we running into the same issue as with the BOTS file? If

The BOTS file is simply a template of which bots exist in general.
It is mainly used for the intelmq-manager to display which ones could get selected.
And which parameters they have. This does not mean that the BOTS file always contains
all defaults.conf parameters for every bot (not combinatorical explosion).