[Intelmq-dev] Packaging Strategy for Bots with dependencies

Dustin Demuth dustin.demuth at intevation.de
Wed Apr 20 11:03:04 CEST 2016

For reference:
Issues related to this thread (or .conf files)
- https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/issues/267 !
- https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/issues/368
- https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/issues/357

Am Dienstag 19 April 2016 10:43:58 schrieb Sebastian Wagner:

> That's what Tomas addressed. Without a default or runtime config, every
> botconfig would have more than 25 fields more than now. Managing them
> manually would be horrible.

I agree, we need to give this a thougt.
Can you briefly sketch the current setup in case I got it wrong, please?

From my understanding it is this way:

All Bots (should) inherit from lib/bots.py which:

1) Load DEFAULT Configuration via intelmq/__init__.py
   from etc/defaults.conf
2) Load RUNTIME Configuration via intelmq/__init__.py
   from etc/runtime.conf

When installing intelmq, a "default" configuration could be placed in
/etc/intelmq/defaults.conf

whilst all configuration which will be altered by the manager should be stored
in a directory like
/var/lib/intelmq

Questions:
What does startup.conf do?
It's loaded in intelmqctl.py #224

I see it is loaded a second time in intelmqctl.py #241 ff
But I don't get the point of it.

BR Dustin

--
dustin.demuth at intevation.de  https://intevation.de/   OpenPGP key: B40D2EFF
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück; AG Osnabrück, HR B 18998