[Ach] POP3S on Outlook 2007 not supported

Wolfgang Breyha wolfgang.breyha at univie.ac.at
Mon Feb 17 19:41:46 CET 2014

On 17/02/14 19:18, Dan Benton wrote:
> All that we changed this month is to move Dovecot from the default list of
> ciphers (which is the VERY open "ALL:!LOW:!SSLv2:!EXP:!aNULL") to the list
> you publish on bettercrypto.org.
>
> It is when we did this that support for Outlook 2007 broke.

Can you capture a outlook handshake with wireshark? With the list of
ciphers in the "Client Hello" you can check if any of them matches with the
list of bettercrypto. Most likely none of them does. I would add the best
cipher of outlook to the list of the server to improve compatibility.

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wolfgang.breyha at univie.ac.at> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center              | Austria