[Ach] POP3S on Outlook 2007 not supported

Adi Kriegisch adi at kriegisch.at
Mon Feb 17 22:08:51 CET 2014

Hey!

> We too have been running an SSL only setup for a large number of years.
>
> All that we changed this month is to move Dovecot from the default list
> of ciphers (which is the VERY open "ALL:!LOW:!SSLv2:!EXP:!aNULL") to the
> list you publish on bettercrypto.org.
>
> It is when we did this that support for Outlook 2007 broke.
I tested this setting with Outlook 2007 on Win 7 and they worked fine. Is
it possible that you're testing from WinXP? -- Then this is a known issue:
The WinXP crypto stack does not support any of the current ciphers.

In case you plan to continue supporting WinXP although it is end of life,
you need to make the choice on which very old cipher you want to enable.

-- Adi