[Ach] POP3S on Outlook 2007 not supported

Dan Benton dan at dogsbodytechnology.com
Mon Feb 17 16:52:13 CET 2014

Hi,

First time poster and I'm afraid I can't find any archives online so I
don't know if this has been posted before.

We use dovecot to provide POP3 and IMAP over SSL and wanted to improve
our cipher lists so we used the collection at https://bettercrypto.org/

Unfortunately a couple of our customers complained as it stopped their
email working.  They are using old clients.  I am unsure of your policy
on old clients but as you wanted "simple, copy & paste-able" settings I
figure that this stops that setup.

The client is using Outlook 2007 which I believe is supported by
Microsoft until 11 April 2017 so I am sure there are a fair number of users.

Another client is using Entourage on a Mac.

I hope this post is the sort of feedback you were wanting.

Regards, Dan