[Ach] Applied Crypto Hardening

L. Aaron Kaplan kaplan at cert.at
Thu Dec 12 00:24:26 CET 2013

On Dec 11, 2013, at 11:45 PM, "Philipp Gühring" <pg at futureware.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> - In chap. 6 you mentioned: "The security of the RSA and
>> Diffie-Hellman algorithms is based on the assumption that factoring
>>> large primes is infeasable.
>
> This is wrong, Diffie-Hellman does not depend on the factoring of large
> primes, it depends on discrete logarithm.

Well, complexity wise you can transform these problems.

Have a look: http://www.mccurley.org/papers/dlog.pdf

or (simpler): http://crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/9385/reduction-of-integer-factorization-to-discrete-logarithm-problem

==> effect: both sentences were correct (if viewed through the angle of complexity theory)
In this sense, I feel like perfectly fine with the original sentence as well :)