[IntelMQ-users] Unable to send CSV file using Intelmq

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Mon Jul 12 14:56:03 CEST 2021

Dear Kossi,

You answered the same question about one month ago on a different
mailing list and the responses you received still apply.

We suspected that the SMTP output needs to add an additional MIME header
to the attachment in the mail, so that Microsoft Outlook interprets the
attachment as CSV-file.

So this:
needs to be added using
https://docs.python.org/3/library/email.compat32-message.html#email.message.Message.add_header
at about this place in the IntelMQ code:
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/blob/a51276054a7c5f0744ccb90cda54a03eeed75400/intelmq/bots/outputs/smtp/output.py#L69

Unless someone does this work (+ testing), the behavior will likely not
change. I /may/ find the time for it this week if nothing else prevents
me to do so.

Sebastian

--
// Sebastian Wagner <wagner at cert.at> - T: +43 676 898 298 7201