[Intelmq-users] Bots stopping

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Wed Oct 10 15:36:00 CEST 2018

Hi Václav,

I can't estimate the implications of the docker usage on redis and intelmq.

Concerning the redis problem: There were no changes in the code handling
redis problems and the only case when intelmq's bots do not log anything
is when there are not enough resources to shutdown cleanly (memory,
disk). Even then, there's output on stdout. You could log stdout and see
if there are any errors shown at the end.

Concerning the error handling and sudden stops: There haven't been code
changes too. Do you use the scheduled run mode? If the error_procedure
is pass and there are pipeline problems, the bot stops (in bot.py search
for "error_procedure: pass and pipeline problem"). AFAIR the reasoning
for this was/is that if the bot would not stop, the pipeline would be
kind of DOS'ed. But as problems with memory and snapshots in redis are
handled better now, that could be relaxed. I'll do some experiments.

Concerning "encounters an exception and logs nothing but status check
reports that the bot is not running": How do you know that the bot
encountered an exception if nothing is logged? Is the bot then still
running or not?

Sebastian

--
// Sebastian Wagner <wagner at cert.at> - T: +43 1 5056416 7201