[Intelmq-users] Custom bots are not running.

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Mon Jul 17 12:26:02 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 07/14/2017 04:05 PM, Vaclav Bruzek wrote:
> I had the definition in BOTS and configs, the files were there as
> specified by the path. It was suggested to me that that the definitons
> in /usr/local/bin/"bot path" were missing which indeed was true but
> creating the respective files solved some issues and created some more
> as it happens.
You created the files /usr/local/bin/intelmq.bots... manually? Better
let them created by installing intelmq with pip. After adding new bots,
you need to run the installation method again. It creates the
executables in the bin-directory for you.
See also
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/blob/master/docs/Developers-Guide.md#update

> The intelmqctl now recognizes the bots and runs them, but when I try
> to stop the bot it displays that the bot wasn't running.
What does `intelmqctl run bot-id` show?

Sebastian

--
// Sebastian Wagner <wagner at cert.at> - T: +43 1 5056416 7201