[IntelMQ-dev] Redis log file gets wrong owner & group(?)

Mika Silander mika.silander at csc.fi
Wed Nov 10 12:14:53 CET 2021

Hi all,

 Occasionally we see the /var/log/redis/redis-server.log file getting intelmq as its owner and group. This makes redis output to the log file fail. Once the owner is reset to redis and group to adm (on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS) and running systemctl restart redis, redis works fine. I've tried to debug the reason for this change in ownership in logrotate confs, intelmqctl sources etc but so far no luck. Hints as to the reason or how to troubleshoot are again welcome.

Br, Mika

P.S: We haven't configured redis to listen to unix sockets in /etc/redis/redis.conf so we assume https://intelmq.readthedocs.io/en/maintenance/user/FAQ.html#id4 does not apply to this case.