[IntelMQ-dev] Potential attribute name clashes in bot parameters in intelmq 3.1.x ?

Mika Silander mika.silander at csc.fi
Tue Nov 2 14:30:19 CET 2021

Hi Sebastian, all,

 Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I was admittedly surprised by this turn in development. It simplifies things yes, but especially to newcomers this might provide a confusing surprise. Pondering on solutions to this I thought one could isolate these intelmq infra-reserved configuration parameters and bot specific parameters into two separate sets so as to maintain name space hygiene. It means of course we'd also need to modify the structure and parsing of runtime.yaml to accomodate these two sets and maybe implement slightly old-fashioned getters and setters for manipulating these parameters but the end result would imho be clearer and no risk for clashes at a small additional cost of coding.

Br, Mika