[IntelMQ-dev] Intelmq + intelmq-manager from package distribution + own bots & confs

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Tue Mar 9 14:59:34 CET 2021

Hi Mika,

I'll try to response to both e-mails here. If I missed an aspect of the
question(s), please forgive me :)

I see some options:

* Bring your code upstream (if'd like to get advice on that, let us
know). Install the upstream version.
or
* Maintain your fork: Clone the certtools/intelmq Repo, using either
master or maintenance branch as base. Add your non-publishable code
there. Merge from upstream when a new version is ready. Install with
`pip3 install -e path`.
or
* Do it manually, similar to how Intevation does it for the
certbund-contact:
https://github.com/Intevation/intelmq-certbund-contact/ (look at the
postinst file in debian/):
  * Install the bots in the right place. That can be done with creating
your own setup.py, which maps the executables to the modules, and
installs the modules with the same directory structure as the upstream
IntelMQ.
  * Add your bots to BOTS, so that they are visible in the IntelMQ Manager

You can have a look at https://github.com/jhemp/intelmq-tools but I
don't know it's status and about the compatibility with 2.3.0 and 3.0.0

In IntelMQ 3.0 / the develop branch it's a bit easier, as you don't need
to hassle with BOTS (once #1751 is merged). You still need to create the
Python modules. As always, contributions are welcome :)

kind regards
Sebastian

#1751: https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/pull/1751

--