[IntelMQ-dev] Intelmq + intelmq-manager from package distribution + own bots & confs

Mika Silander mika.silander at csc.fi
Tue Mar 9 09:18:21 CET 2021

Hi Bernhard,

 Thanks for the advice. I also thought 2.3.0 may be a safer choice for me at the time being but I wanted to hear yours and Sebastian's opinions on this first. Still, my small problem remains: how to add my own bots and libraries to the production setup installed from the package management (in this case Ubuntu 20.04). I suppose there are again several bad ways of achieving this and a few good ones. Conf files are easy but having my own bots and libraries in use alongside the ones coming from package management e.g. subdirectories /usr/bin/ , /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages etc is a bit more complicated. I'd like to find an easy solution for this. The elegant (but tedious) option
would be to include my bots and libraries into the process generating the intelmq packages but at the moment it feels like overkill. Anyway, happy to hear suggestions and ideas related to this.

Best regards, Mika