[IntelMQ-dev] IntelMQ & API & Manager 3.0.0 Release candidate

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Sat Jun 26 12:39:31 CEST 2021

Dear community,

The 3.0.0 stable release is already to be released mid next week, so
I've created 3.0.0 Release candidate versions for IntelMQ, IntelMQ API
and the IntelMQ Manager.

Thanks everyone who contributed to IntelMQ making this major release
possible! This is a big step for the IntelMQ project and we all can be
proud of it.

All unit-tests and the end-to-end integration tests[0] succeed without
any problems. However, I have two bad news:

One bug discovered prevents the use of inline comments in the
configuration file - or actually the workaround for a related bug:
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/issues/2003

Unfortunately there are open issues in the IntelMQ Manager[1] most
importantly one bug which prevents bots to be connected with queues[2].
Therefore, I am hesitant releasing a stable version of the Manager in
this state. If you can code JavaScript and have some free time
available, please consider contributing. /The IntelMQ project needs your
contribution/.
IntelMQ has some known issues as well[3].

Before trying out the new code base, read the NEWS.md file, it describes
a few notable major changes[4]. I don't recommend upgrading production
instances yet!

The unstable repositories with deb & rpm packages are updated and
contain the 3.0.0 RC1 versions:
https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home:sebix:intelmq:unstable&package=intelmq
If you want to try them out with vagrant, you can start here[0]

best regards
Sebastian

[0]: https://github.com/schacht-certat/intelmq-vagrant/pull/19
[1]: