[IntelMQ-dev] How does one avoid reprocessing mail attachments already processed?

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Wed Aug 4 08:43:27 CEST 2021

Hi,

On 8/4/21 8:26 AM, Mika Silander wrote:
>  We are using the mail collector bot to read email attachments over IMAPS. It works fine but rereads all the messages in the message folder even if it had processed them already. Is there a way to configure the mail bot to remove the messages once it has processed them? I didn't find a hint concerning this in the bot's documentation nor the sources. What approaches do people use to avoid reprocessing messages?

The bot should only look at /unread/ mails, plus the other criteria like
subjects etc. After the successful processing, the mails are marked as
read to avoid re-processing. If that does not work for you, that's a bug.

best regards
Sebastian

Reading just unread mails:
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/blob/72cee0ee5eeede17700604b138f2bc419703f461/intelmq/bots/collectors/mail/_lib.py#L58
Marking mail as seen after processing a mail:
https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/blob/72cee0ee5eeede17700604b138f2bc419703f461/intelmq/bots/collectors/mail/_lib.py#L74

--
// Sebastian Wagner <wagner at cert.at> - T: +43 676 898 298 7201
// CERT Austria - https://www.cert.at/