[Intelmq-dev] Run modes + Systemd + Crontab

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jan 31 13:25:02 CET 2017

Hi Tomás,

Am Montag 30 Januar 2017 12:12:21 schrieb Tomás Lima:
> 2. Systemd and Crontab are two well-know tools that we all know about it
> and IntelMQ seems to need them

right now crontab seems already be used (at least recommended) if I remember
correctly to read in some data needed for some bots.

So there is the overall question:
# What are the target systems of intelmq? Where should it run?

Is it GNU/Linux systems (which would be easiest),
GNU/Linux like systems including OpenBSD,
or systems like Mac OS X and MS Windows?

** systemd is a tool very specific to operating systems with the kernel Linux
that also use systemd already. Making it a requirement would exclude a number
of other operating systems (or even GNU/Linux distribution).

# I agree that we should have a way to "schedule" components that run
continuously or just at certain times. The question is: Do we consider this a
task to be configured within intelmq or as a requirement for its environment?

The answer to these two questions would highly influence my design decisions.

Regards,
Bernhard