[Intelmq-dev] Run modes + Systemd + Crontab

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Tue Jan 31 13:40:48 CET 2017

Hi,

On 01/31/2017 01:25 PM, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> right now crontab seems already be used (at least recommended) if I remember
> correctly to read in some data needed for some bots.
That's optional tough.
> # What are the target systems of intelmq? Where should it run?
All operating systems we (the community) are interested in.
> Is it GNU/Linux systems (which would be easiest),
> GNU/Linux like systems including OpenBSD,
> or systems like Mac OS X and MS Windows?
I know that Debian and Ubuntu are used and thus intelmq is good tested
on these systems. Other *nix OSs can be supported too if someone is
willing to provide support for it. But OS X and Win are definitely out
of scope for us currently. However, if someone wants to port intelmq to
these platforms, feel free to do so.
> ** systemd is a tool very specific to operating systems with the kernel Linux
> that also use systemd already. Making it a requirement would exclude a number
> of other operating systems (or even GNU/Linux distribution).
As I said, that's not specific to systemd, together with @ondj I'd like
to support supervisord too. You can also add SysV support if you want
to, however I don't see any reason to do so currently.

Sebastian

--
// Sebastian Wagner <wagner at cert.at> - T: +43 1 50564167201
// CERT Austria - http://www.cert.at/