[Ach] Project Status

Jan Hill jan at jan-hill.com
Sun Jan 25 13:04:02 CET 2015

Next try to help to solve a TODO in the dokument ;-)

cheers
Jan

Betreff: 	AppliedCryptoHardening: Java 7 DH-parameterlength
limitation(1024bit)
Datum: 	Fri, 03 Jan 2014 22:05:34 +0100
Von: 	Jan Hill <jan at jan-hill.com>
An: 	ach at lists.cert.at

Hello,

first of all thank you for:
"AppliedCryptoHardening" :-)

In the paper I found this (page 52):

"We could not verify yet if installing JCE also fixes the Java7
DH-parameterlength limitation(1024bit). TODO:do that!"

In my opinion there is a limitation to 1024 also with the strong
encryption jars:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/security/SunProviders.html

There ar some open issues in the tracker, but I can't send a link, looks
like the Bugtracker is down :(

In Java 8 is a bugfix up to 2048, I think this was included from b56 or
b58. I can't send a link, looks like the Bugtracker is down :(

http://download.java.net/jdk8/docs/technotes/guides/security/enhancements-8.html

Cheers
Jan