[Ach] OpenVPN and ACH

Reed Loden reed at reedloden.com
Thu Feb 19 20:47:58 CET 2015

> # Enable compression on the VPN link.
> # If you enable it here, you must also
> # enable it in the client config file.
> comp-lzo

Why are you enabling compression on an SSL link? That possibly makes you
vulnerable to things like CRIME.

Again, another reason why ACH needs a thoroughly-researched OpenVPN
hardening section and not just ignoring it because it doesn't support AEAD.
People will do the wrong thing, so let's give them the best possible
options/config to use in OpenVPN's current state.

~reed