[Ach] Recomendation on haveged in Bettercrypto chapter 3.3.3

Ralf Schlatterbeck rsc at runtux.com
Wed Apr 29 19:38:51 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 07:22:40PM +0200, Aaron Zauner wrote:

> OpenWRT et al: well, these devices do usually have some form of
> non-volatile storage, so pre-seeding is not an issues.

I'm talking about something that you can set up yourself, in my case
OpenWRT based. But I don't think keeping the RNG state in some file
solves the issue completely. At least in 90% of all cases I
power-cycle the device to reboot and don't do a normal shutdown (because
the device is hung or I'm directing someone per telephone to press a
reset button). So normal shutdown is probably not the most-often used
use-case :-)

And I think bettercrypto *should* at least think about the issue of
connecting securely to such a device.

Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  www:   http://www.runtux.com
Reichergasse 131, A-3411 Weidling       email: office at runtux.com
allmenda.com member                     email: rsc at allmenda.com