[Ach] Fedora will implement "crypto policies"

Aaron Zauner azet at azet.org
Wed Mar 19 23:23:19 CET 2014

We should tell them about our project.

in CC: nmav at redhat.com

Hi Nikos,

I'm aware that you're busy with the TLS-WG and GnuTLS already, but you
may want to take a look at the current draft of our paper on the topic
https://bettercrypto.org/static/applied-crypto-hardening.pdf - Work has
been ongoing since Oct. 2013 with a lot of useful feedback from the
community, security people and operations guys.

Is Fedora/Red Hat willing to contribute or collaborate on that effort? I
think we do have some overlapping issues that both are trying to get
fixed ASAP.

We've already made contact with some of the Debian guys and we'd be
happy to hear back from you as well!

Aaron