[Ach] Proposal to Remove legacy TLS Ciphersuits Offered by Firefox

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Sun Jan 5 16:27:52 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 12:19:10AM +0100, Aaron Zauner wrote:

> > 3DES isn't broken.
> Triple DES provides about 112bit security (We've a section on the topic in the Paper in the Keylenghts section). All ciphers that we
> recomend are at least at 128bit security.

The document doesn't seem to say that it's trying to reach a 128
bit security level over the whole chain.  It seems to be happy
with 2048 bit RSA keys.  They also provide 112 bit security.

If you really want to go for 128 bit, you need to have the RSA
keys of at least something in the order of 3072 bit.  If 2048
is fine, 3DES is fine.

Kurt