[Ach] regarding the issue of copy & pasting from the PDF

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri Jan 3 20:17:00 CET 2014

On 02.01.2014, at 15:12, L. Aaron Kaplan <kaplan at cert.at> wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2014, at 3:09 PM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> On 02.01.2014, at 14:31, L. Aaron Kaplan <kaplan at cert.at> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> So, we heard some reports that copy & paste from the PDF is cumbersome. Agreed.
>>> At the moment, the big "DRAFT" letters across the document make it especially not practical.
>>>
>>> If it's ok for you, I'll remove that for now and just keep the "draft" in the footer.
>>
>> If you want, I prepare something.
>
> Yes, please. Perfect!
>
> I am right now re-testing the ssh and openvpn sections. So, yes, any help is very welcome :)

See https://github.com/BetterCrypto/Applied-Crypto-Hardening/pull/36

Whole-page bitmap seems the only way to not interfere with selection, meh…
Quoting the PR:
	• Replace textual mark by whole-page bitmapped image. This is necessary to avoid accidental selection of the mark when copy&paste-ing from the document.
	• Add a draft-indicator at bottom and top of the page.
Eventually, we can:

	• Remove the watermark altogether
	• Remove the draft-info from the normal page footer.

Best
	-Tobias