[Ach] Issue with OpenSSL >0.9.8l

Aaron Zauner azet at azet.org
Fri Apr 25 19:53:19 CEST 2014

Hi Jan, Leon,

This so far only concerns our project as our ciphersuite is not
correctly handled by old OpenSSL versions and may end up being less
secure than it actually should be. If you use our recommendations stay
tuned for an updated version that tries to handle this issue. If you're
using your own ciphersuite specs you should check what ciphers they
allow for.

It's not a software vulnerability (althoug these old versions of OpenSSL
probably have plenty), it's an issue how OpenSSL interprets ciphersuite
configurations.