[IntelMQ-users] [IntelMQ] Deduplication on an optional field

Guillaume GRANJON DE LEPINEY ggranjon at excellium-services.be
Mon Jul 26 15:04:06 CEST 2021

Hello everyone,

I wonder if there is a simple way to use a Deduplicator bot on an optional field. Indeed, I noticed when I apply the deduplicator on an optional field that the null value must be entered in the redis because all messages (except the first one) that do not contain the field are dropped.
Is there a workaround please?

I could work around this problem by adding two Sieve bots at the exit of the precedent bot that would jump the Deduplicator bot if the message doesn't have the field, but I don't find that to be optimal. Thus, I am open to any proposal that could help me.

Regards,
Guillaume GRANJON de LÉPINEY | ggranjon at excellium-services.be<mailto:ggranjon at excellium-services.be> | PGP Key ID: 0xE2FD5ED1<https://pgp.circl.lu/pks/lookup?search=0xE2FD5ED1&fingerprint=on&op=index>
CERT-XLM Incident Handler @ excellium-services.com<https://excellium-services.com/>
CERT-XLM | cert at excellium-services.com<mailto:cert at excellium-services.com> | PGP Key ID: 0xD74E5AC0<http://pgp.circl.lu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&fingerprint=on&search=0x67B311E5D74E5AC0>
Excellium Services Belgium N.V. | Orion Bldg, Belgicastraat 13, B-1930 Zaventem, Belgium
Mobile: +32 4 71 98 57 65
Emergency: +352 262 039 64 708 | emergency at excellium-services.com<mailto:emergency at excellium-services.com> | PGP Key ID: 0x42662EFE<https://excellium-services.com/assets/EMERGENCY_PKEY.asc>

This email is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute, disclose or use the information it contains, please e-mail the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. Note: e-mails are susceptible to corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment; we do not accept liability for any such changes, or for their consequences. You should be aware that we may monitor your e-mails and their content. Excellium Services SA.