[IntelMQ-users] Classification of malware itself in IntelMQ

Marius Urkis esuasmarius at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 21:46:44 CET 2021

Hello Sebastian,

Could you give some real-life examples of incorrect usage? I think quite
a lot of cases can be covered by infected-system when hash taken from
infected device, or malware-distribution otherwise.

From other hand, RIST stands exclusively for Incident taxonomy and
classification attributes helps only with Incident classification.
However Incident management is not the only service/activity of CSIRTs,
so if malicious code analysis is related not to the some incident, RSIT
taxonomy would not help here, and probably such a case should be handled
not as an incident?

Best regards