[CERT-daily] Tageszusammenfassung - 21.08.2024

Daily end-of-shift report team at cert.at
Wed Aug 21 18:10:49 CEST 2024

=====================
= End-of-Day report =
=====================

Timeframe:   Dienstag 20-08-2024 18:00 − Mittwoch 21-08-2024 18:00
Handler:     Alexander Riepl
Co-Handler:  n/a

=====================
=       News        =
=====================

∗∗∗ CrowdStrike unhappy with “shady commentary” from competitors after outage ∗∗∗
Botched update leads to claims that competitors are "ambulance chasing."
https://arstechnica.com/?p=2044431

∗∗∗ GitHub Enterprise Server vulnerable to critical auth bypass flaw ∗∗∗
A critical vulnerability affecting multiple versions of GitHub Enterprise Server could be exploited to bypass authentication and enable an attacker to gain administrator privileges on the machine.
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/github-enterprise-server-vulnerable-to-critical-auth-bypass-flaw/

∗∗∗ Großer Chipkonzern: Cyberangriff stört Produktion von Microchip Technology ∗∗∗
Die Produktionskapazitäten des Chipherstellers sind derzeit eingeschränkt. Ursache ist eine Cyberattacke, deren Ausmaß aktuell untersucht wird.
https://www.golem.de/news/grosser-chipkonzern-cyberangriff-stoert-produktion-von-microchip-technology-2408-188225.html

∗∗∗ Sicherheitsprobleme: Lastenrad-Skandal weitet sich aus ∗∗∗
Niederländische Verbraucherschützer untersuchen weitere Lastenradhersteller, weil dort ebenfalls gravierende Mängel aufgetreten sind.
https://www.golem.de/news/sicherheitsprobleme-lastenrad-skandal-weitet-sich-aus-2408-188213.html

∗∗∗ Plane tracker FlightAware admits user passwords, SSNs exposed for years ∗∗∗
Notification omits a number of key details Popular flight-tracking app FlightAware has admitted that it was exposing a bunch of users data for more than three years.
https://www.theregister.com/2024/08/20/flightaware_data_exposure/

∗∗∗ An AWS Configuration Issue Could Expose Thousands of Web Apps ∗∗∗
Amazon has updated its instructions for how customers should more securely implement AWSs traffic-routing service known as Application Load Balancer, but its not clear everyone will get the memo.
https://www.wired.com/story/aws-application-load-balancer-implementation-compromise/

∗∗∗ Teach a Man to Phish ∗∗∗
I decided to give away all of my phishing secrets for free. I realized at some point that I have been giving away phishing secrets for years, but only to select individuals, and only one at a time. That method of knowledge dissemination is terribly inefficient! So here it is, I’ve written it down for you instead.
https://posts.specterops.io/teach-a-man-to-phish-43528846e382

∗∗∗ CISA Adds Four Known Exploited Vulnerabilities to Catalog ∗∗∗
CISA has added four new vulnerabilities to its Known Exploited Vulnerabilities Catalog, based on evidence of active exploitation.
https://www.cisa.gov/news-events/alerts/2024/08/21/cisa-adds-four-known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog

∗∗∗ CPU-Sicherheitsleck Sinkclose: Firmware-Update auch für AMDs Ryzen 3000 ∗∗∗
Die CPU-Sicherheitslücke "Sinkclose" ermöglicht Angreifern das Einschleusen von Schadcode. Für ältere CPUs waren erst keine Updates geplant.
https://heise.de/-9842780

=  Vulnerabilities  =

∗∗∗ Unauthenticated information leak in Bosch IP cameras ∗∗∗
BOSCH-SA-659648: A vulnerability was discovered in internal testing of Bosch IP cameras of families CPP13 and CPP14, that allows an unauthenticated attacker to retrieve video analytics event data. No video data is leaked through this vulnerability.
https://psirt.bosch.com/security-advisories/bosch-sa-659648.html

∗∗∗ DSA-5752-1 dovecot - security update ∗∗∗
https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2024/msg00165.html

∗∗∗ [20240803] - Core - XSS in HTML Mail Templates ∗∗∗