[CERT-daily] Tageszusammenfassung - Mittwoch 21-06-2017

Daily end-of-shift report team at cert.at
Wed Jun 21 18:02:56 CEST 2017

Timeframe:   Dienstag 20-06-2017 18:00 − Mittwoch 21-06-2017 18:00
Handler:     Alexander Riepl
Co-Handler:  n/a

*** Partnering with the AV ecosystem to protect our Windows 10 customers ***
On Friday May 12th, and for several days afterwards, more than a quarter-million computers around the world fell victim to the ransomware known  ..
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mmpc/2017/06/20/partnering-with-the-av-ecosystem-to-protect-our-windows-10-customers/

*** Unwanted “Shorte St” Ads in Unpatched Newspaper Theme ***
Unwanted ads are one of the most common problems that site owners ask us to solve. Recently, we’ve noticed quite a few requests to remove intrusive “shorte st” ads that they never installed on their sites themselves. My colleague Denis Sinegubko of UnmaskParasites ..
https://blog.sucuri.net/2017/06/unwanted-shorte-st-ads-in-unpatched-newspaper-theme.html

*** Hacker exposed bank loophole to buy luxury cars and a face tattoo ***
♪ Im gonna wait... til the midnight hour, when theres no one else around A UK hacker who stole £100,000 from his bank after spotting a loophole in its systems has been jailed for 16 months.
www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/20/face_tattoo_bank_hacker/

*** More Android apps from dangerous Ztorg family sneak into Google Play ***
Almost 100 such apps, with >1 million downloads, found so far (but not by Google).
https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/06/more-android-apps-from-dangerous-ztorg-family-sneak-into-google-play/

*** Minimalist Alina PoS Variant Starts Using SSL ***
More than four years ago, we published a series of blogs discussing in-depth analysis of Alina Point of Sale (PoS) malware. And for the past four years, it is interesting to see ..
http://trustwave.com/Resources/SpiderLabs-Blog/Minimalist-Alina-PoS-Variant-Starts-Using-SSL/

*** Nach Leak: Studio zahlte "Orange Is the New Black"-Erpresser ***
Hacker hatten etwa 50.000 US-Dollar gefordert
http://derstandard.at/2000059577414

*** Wannacry: Honda stoppt Autobau wegen Ransomware ***
Autowerk im japanischen Sayana setzt vorübergehend Produktion aus
http://derstandard.at/2000059583968

*** Decline in Rig Exploit Kit ***