[CERT-daily] Tageszusammenfassung - Freitag 27-03-2015

Daily end-of-shift report team at cert.at
Fri Mar 27 18:05:30 CET 2015

Timeframe:   Donnerstag 26-03-2015 18:00 − Freitag 27-03-2015 18:00
Handler:     Alexander Riepl
Co-Handler:  n/a

*** Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Task Name aaaQueueReader Denial of Service Vulnerability ***
http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/viewAlert.x?alertId=38076

*** Verschlüsselung: Kryptographen zeigen neue Angriffe gegen RC4 ***
Eine bislang wenig beachtete Schwäche von RC4 nutzt der Kryptograph Itsik Mantin für seine neue Angriffsmethode. Ein weiterer kürzlich vorgestellter Angriff betrifft IMAP-Verbindungen.
http://www.golem.de/news/verschluesselung-rc4-erneut-unter-beschuss-1503-113189.html

*** Schneider Electric InduSoft Web Studio and InTouch Machine Edition 2014 Vulnerabilities ***
This advisory provides mitigation details for vulnerabilities in the Schneider Electric InduSoft Web Studio and InTouch Machine Edition 2014. Schneider Electric has released new patches that mitigate these vulnerabilities.
https://ics-cert.us-cert.gov//advisories/ICSA-15-085-01

*** Beta Bot Trojan ***
In this article, I would like to show how an analysis is performed on the Beta Bot trojan to identify its characteristics. The Beta Bot trojan, classified as Troj/Neurevt-A, is a dangerous trojan. This trojan is transferred to the victim machine through a phishing email, and the user downloads the files disguised ..
http://resources.infosecinstitute.com/beta-bot-trojan/

*** Cisco NX-OS Software DHCP Options Command Injection Vulnerability ***
http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/viewAlert.x?alertId=38062

*** Microsoft will Windows-Lücke nicht schliessen ***
Google entdeckt Fehler, über den sich einfache Nutzer Systemrechte verschaffen können.
http://derstandard.at/2000013551658

*** The bizarre, pre-internet history of ransomware ***
Two months ago, I wrote a short article about helping my mother deal with CryptoWall 2.0., a form of computer virus more broadly known as ransomware. Basically what happens is this: You flip open your laptop to find you have been locked out of all your files. Then a ransom note hovers into view, written ..
https://medium.com/un-hackable/the-bizarre-pre-internet-history-of-ransomware-bb480a652b4b

*** Baidu's traffic hijacked to DDoS GitHub.com ***
As a Chinese living outside of China, I frequently visit Chinese websites, many of which use advertising and visitor tracking provided by Baidu, the largest search engine available in China. As I was browsing one of the most popular ..
http://insight-labs.org/?p=1682

*** Vulnerability: CVE-2015-0932 ***
ANTLabs InnGate devices are a popular Internet gateway for visitor-based networks. They're commonly installed in hotels, convention centers and other places that provide temporary guests access to a WiFi connection. If you've ever used WiFi in a hotel, you're familiar with these types of devices as they are typically tied to a specific room number for billing purposes.