[Ach] filippo on SSL SMTP encryption

L. Aaron Kaplan kaplan at cert.at
Tue Mar 31 16:21:25 CEST 2015

https://blog.filippo.io/the-sad-state-of-smtp-encryption/

Nice reading.

"Conclusion
So this is it. The Internet is terrible and until DNSSEC sees wide deployment SMTP will have at best opportunistic encryption."

(...)

"Still, STARTTLS is better than allowing dragnet surveillance, so please, please support it. You don't even have to get a signed certificate! There are no excuses."

Even though I heard some critical voices on dnssec, I do believe we should cover it in our guide...

---
// L. Aaron Kaplan <kaplan at cert.at> - T: +43 1 5056416 78
// CERT Austria - http://www.cert.at/
// Eine Initiative der nic.at GmbH - http://www.nic.at/