[Ach] Certificate at git.bettercrypto.org has just expired.

L. Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Sat Nov 8 14:58:27 CET 2014

On Nov 8, 2014, at 11:27 AM, Dariusz Puchalak <Dariusz at Puchalak.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It expired yesterday. :)
>
> I think we should put more info about certificate expiration.
> That that operation can take some time and has to planned in advance.
> How important it is.

Thanks for the info :)
You hit the nail on the head and reminded me to renew it soon.

However, could it be that the time on your computer is set to 3rd of Dec?
My computer tells me that the certificate is valid until the 3rd of Dec 2014.

I see this certificate:

> And maybe some links to tools that can monitor these?
> How do you think?

100% agree! The bettercrypto project is for sure also a project that we (the original authors) need as well as everyone else.
And I fully agree with you that we should also collect best practices for monitoring key-roll-overs , expiring certificates etc.

What I *usually* do, is to add the expiry date to my own personal calendar. But that's about it...
I am sure there are better mechanisms.
Any advise or URLs of HOWTOs which we could quote in the guide?

Best,
Aaron.