[Ach] "New algorithm shakes up cryptography"

Aaron Zauner azet at azet.org
Sat May 17 23:10:47 CEST 2014

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/05/140515163739.htm
http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-642-55220-5_1

This is an improvement over the work published in 2013. I'm yet unsure
how serious this is since I cannot read the entire paper (although I'm a
IACR member I'd need to pay for the journal -> fuck that).

I'm wondering why there's so little new research in the field of
post-quantum cryptography - We'll need something that's not based on
difficulty of factoring nor discrete log. There are many options out
there, but most stuff I've read about is just not applicable in real
world protocols and software.