[Ach] FYI: interesting project

L. Aaron Kaplan kaplan at cert.at
Tue May 13 18:40:47 CEST 2014

Hi,

Just FYI: Monika poked me about this project today. Seems interesting and it seems that some well known figures in IT Security are involved:

http://trac.cryptech.is/wiki

Quote:

"Recent revelations have called into question the integrity of some of the implementations of basic cryptographic functions and devices used to secure communications on the Internet. There are serious questions about algorithms and about implementations of those algorithms in software and particularly hardware.

The algorithmic issues are in the domain of the heavy math cryptography folk. But we must also deal with the implementation issues. We therefore are embarking on development of an open-source hardware cryptographic engine that meets the needs of high assurance Internet infrastructure systems that use cryptography. The open-source hardware cryptographic engine must be of general use to the broad Internet community, covering needs such as secure email, web, DNS, PKIs, etc.
"

---
// L. Aaron Kaplan <kaplan at cert.at> - T: +43 1 5056416 78
// CERT Austria - http://www.cert.at/