[Ach] bettercrypto.org using non-optimal crypto?

Aaron Zauner azet at azet.org
Tue Jul 8 11:06:15 CEST 2014

Hi Alan,

Alan Orth wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation, Pepi and Aaron.  The choices seem reasonable
> now that you explained the logic.
Short update on that; I asked Adam Langley from Google via Twitter
yesterday why Chrome does not support a stronger HMAC. He pointed out
that AES-CBC mode is still susceptible to the Lucky13 Attack, which I -
to be honest - totally forgot about.  So your concern is valid.

What I don't understand is why your Chrome did not negotiate for
AES-GCM. On which platform are you testing this (OS and architecture)?