[IntelMQ-users] [IntelMQ-dev] IEP04: The choice of the UUID-format

moto kawasaki moto at kawasaki3.org
Tue Sep 7 02:40:28 CEST 2021

Dear Sebastian and all,

Thank you for your effort to provide better IntelMQ.
I am trying to catch up the discussion (but still behind a lot...)

Regarding IEP004, I'd second the current proposal and Variant
AIL. That is natural and easy to understand.

But don't we need to have a timestamp in the meta-data ?
I mean something like this;

{
    "format": "intelmq",
    "version": 1,
    "type": "event",
    "meta": {
        "intelmq:uuid": "<event-uuid-1>",
	"intelmq:uuid_org": "<org-uuid-1>",
	"intelmq:timestamp": "<creation time of this message>",  <== here
	:

With this timestamp, we don't need to consider a time-sortable UUID
but just use UUID-whatever.

If you've already discussed and decided not to have it, please ignore
and receive my apology to rehash old discussion.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

--
moto kawasaki <moto at kawasaki3.org> +81-90-2464-8454