[IntelMQ-users] IEP04: IntelMQ Data Format - Meta-Information

moto kawasaki moto at kawasaki3.org
Wed Mar 31 11:39:33 CEST 2021

Dear Chris and list,

I agree to Chris that STIX/TAXII is one of the de facto standard in
the exchange of the security information. (or implicit de jure ??? :-p

At the same time I am apt to feel hesitation over the variable format
such as JSON and XML.
This is because I have to provide full text search for such format,
but I often realise fts won't work as expected with the bigger
dataset.
(I am using PostgreSQL and PGroonga, but its index crushes very often.
 maybe I should give a try on tsvector/tsquery and pg_bigm.)

On the other hand, I also understand why it is required in the noSQL
age, so I don't have a clear opinion yet.

Hence, I'd raise a very humble objection to introduce multi-value
column and variable format.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

--