[IntelMQ-users] IntelMQ Issue

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Fri Mar 12 10:41:05 CET 2021

Hi,

On 3/12/21 10:15 AM, Soni, Drupad wrote:
>                Which operating system, which IntelMQ version, which
> installation method do you use?
>
> Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. We have tried installation using Native packages,
> git cloning and pip. Intelmq version: 2.3.0 , Mongodb: 4.4 ,
>  Elasticsearch & Kibana: 5.5.3

As you write about the Debian package below, I assume you are working
with the native packages now? Or did you mix them?

Regarding MongoDB: server versions 2.6.10 and 3.6.8 have been reported
to work with IntelMQ's mongoDB output. Version 4 is *likely* to work as
well. https://intelmq.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user/bots.html#mongodb

Regarding ElasticSearch: IntelMQ's ES Output bot only supports version
7:
https://intelmq.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user/bots.html#elasticsearch-output-bot

>                 What are you unable to access and what is the exact
> error you get?
> There are different scenarios,
>
>  1. When we tried installing new instance for intelmq:
>
> Issue that we are facing: Debian package (Intelmq-manager) does not
> prompt for username and password due to this it is not getting
> installed properly and we unable to access GUI

What do you mean by "not getting installed properly"? Did you get an
error on installation?

>  2. On a successfully installed intelmq setup integrated with mongodb:
>
> The setup was working fine but recently we have faced issue where
> Intelmq bots of mongodb and elasticsearch both have stopped working.
> It asks for pymongo package even after fulfilling the dependency

What does `pip3 list | grep pymongo` show and what are the exact log
entries of the bot?

> and elasticsearch is showing error ES version needed 5.0<x<6.0

See above. IntelMQ only supports ES 7.

Hope that helps.

kind regards
Sebastian Wagner