[IntelMQ-users] IntelMQ and Python 3.5

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Fri Jan 22 15:45:57 CET 2021

Dear all,

Heads-up: As we did not hear of anyone depending on Python 3.5 or Debian
9 - and Ubuntu 16.04 is EOL soon anyway - IntelMQ 2.3.0 won't support
Python 3.5 anymore. This is already the case for the "develop" branch in
the repository. Most components may still run under Python 3.5 as we do
not plan to introduce new features on a large-scale, for example with
automatic code-rewriting scripts. We intend to gradually use Python
3.6-features in new or reworked code, and we can now as well accept any
code depending on Python 3.6-features (e.g. the format-string syntax).

best regards,
Sebastian

--
// Sebastian Wagner <wagner at cert.at> - T: +43 1 5056416 7201