[IntelMQ-users] IntelMQ Docker Image (beta)

Sebastian Waldbauer waldbauer at cert.at
Tue Jan 12 16:37:23 CET 2021

====== IntelMQ Docker Image *(beta)* ======

*CAUTION* Please do not use this image in production yet!

===== Introduction =====

We are constantly trying to make the installation of IntelMQ easier for
a wider user-base.
Therefore we are currently working on an IntelMQ container[^1].
Because of the early stage, input from you is highly appreciated.
We are currently targeting Docker Engine 18.x and higher.

[^1] https://www.docker.com/resources/what-container

===== Current implementation =====

TL;DR: The image is a beta test, docker containers runs isolated, worth
to test!

*ATTENTION* The image provided is not fully Docker compliant.
We are releasing the image to collect feedback and gather information
for future improvements.
The container should be considered as a beta version.
There will likely be breaking changes in future versions of the container.

The image is available on Dockerhub[^4].
You can find documentation on how to install and run the container in
the IntelMQ documentation [^doc]

The container comes preinstalled with IntelMQ Manager[^3], which will be
the only way to control the IntelMQ installation in the container. You
can't use `intelmqctl` outside the container to control IntelMQ in the
container.

At the moment, the image is shipped with the development version of
IntelMQ[^2] and the last stable version 2.2.1 IntelMQ Manager[^3]. This
means that the new IntelMQ API is //not// yet part of the Docker image.

You can check the current included versions by using
```docker inspect --format '{{ index .Config.Labels
"org.label-schema.vcs-ref"}}' certat/intelmq-full:1.0```

Build steps and deployment information is provided in IntelMQ Docker[^5]
Repository.

[^2] https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/
[^3] https://github.com/certtools/intelmq-manager
[^4] https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/certat/intelmq-full/general