[Intelmq-users] Python 3.4 support coming to an end

Sebastian Wagner wagner at cert.at
Mon Dec 9 14:32:27 CET 2019

Hi,

The upstream support of Python 3.4 ended already, this year in March the
last bugfix was released. The current oldoldstable Debian version
(jessie) uses this version, but I am not aware of any other popular
system with an ancient Python version. Even CentOS 7 supports Python 3.6
(previously 3.4).

As a consequence, more and more downstream libraries are dropping
support for python 3.4, causing more maintenance work for me. I thus
came to the point to slowly say Python 3.4 goodbye by

-) first only running the CI tests on the core functionalities of
IntelMQ for Python 3.4, ignoring other parts with optional requirements
-) In the next minor release, only Python >= 3.5 will be supported

I hope that this works for everyone.[0]

Thanks,
Sebastian

[0]: If not, please contribute.