[Intelmq-users] Custom bots from external code base

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Oct 16 11:58:53 CEST 2018

Am Freitag 12 Oktober 2018 10:02:03 schrieb Antoine Neuenschwander:
> > we were thinking of a type of bots.d/ directory structure some time ago
> > (1 year ago?) Would that help in this case?
>
> Yes, that would help if the bots needn't register elsewhere.

One issue where we were discussing this is:

https://github.com/certtools/intelmq/issues/552
  Enable separate packaging of bots by allowing addition
  and removals to the config.

However it is going to be an incompatible change to the code base
if it is to be done to get a major improvement. I'd also suggest to move the
test code close to each bot code, just like documentation.

Note that our improvement packaging of the intelmq-certbund-contact bot uses
a workaround in the Debian packages, look at postinst and postrm
at  https://github.com/Intevation/intelmq-certbund-contact/tree/master/debian

(This Bot is part of a solution we had done for the CERT-Bund which uses
automated email notifications a lot, see
https://github.com/Intevation/intelmq-mailgen-release)

Best Regards,
Bernhard